Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 12 August 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southerly 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Saturday morning then becoming southeast 20 to 30 early Saturday evening.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 12 August 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Explorer.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Saturday deepening trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over eastern Bowie.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: