Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 09 August 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind north 25 to 30 knots diminishing to north 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Showers over southern sections Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 9 August 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located west of the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday low 1015 mb located south of Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday low 1016 mb located over southern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:33 PM PDT 9 August 2022 Ahead of a ridge of high pressure strong to gale force northerly
winds will continue over southern portions of Hecate Strait. Areas in
the vicinity of Haida Gwaii can expect these strong to gale force
winds to develop this evening.
Winds will ease to moderate to strong northerlies Wednesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: