Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 22 May 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Wind south 20 to 30 knots becoming northwest 15 to 25 late this evening then becoming northwesterly 10 to 20 early Monday morning. Wind diminishing to light Monday evening.
Rain ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 May 2022 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Monday departing ridge located on a line
north-south over Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
By 1:00 a.m. PDT Monday departing frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM PDT 22 May 2022 Ahead of a frontal system over Haida Gwaii, southeast winds will rise
to strong to marginal gale force for Northern Hecate Strait and Dixon
Entrance East through early evening. Winds will veer to strong
westerlies in the wake of the front this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: