Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 13 August 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late overnight then becoming southeast 20 to 30 near noon Sunday. Wind diminishing to southeast 10 to 20 Sunday evening.
Showers ending near midnight. Showers Sunday. Mist dissipating near noon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in mist.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 13 August 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 13 August 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Sunday departing trough located from Hecate
Strait to the Central Coast then to Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:15 AM PDT 13 August 2022 A frontal system over Bowie will track east and lie from Hecate
Strait to Northern Vancouver Island by Sunday morning.
As the front moves up against a ridge of high pressure over the BC
Interior, southerly winds will rise to gale force over northern and
central waters overnight and Sunday morning.
Gale force winds will ease to strong by early Sunday afternoon as the
frontal system dissipates.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: