Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 28 November 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots veering to northerly 10 to 20 near noon then becoming variable 5 to 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Tuesday morning and to southeast 35 to 45 Tuesday afternoon. Wind backing to northeast 35 to 45 Tuesday evening.
Scattered showers ending early this morning. Snow beginning overnight and becoming rain or snow near noon Tuesday then snow Tuesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 28 November 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 28 November 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today building ridge located over northern BC
By 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over northern
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday intensifying low 1007 mb located over
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday approaching low 990 mb located northwest
of Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM PST 28 November 2022 A ridge of high pressure building over Northern Interior BC will
generate marginal gale to gale force outflow winds through the
mainland inlets. Outflow winds will gradually strengthen on Tuesday
and reach gale to storm force Tuesday evening.
An intensifying low moving into Northern Bowie Tuesday morning will
track southeastward and approach Vancouver Island in the afternoon.
Gale to storm force winds will develop over parts of the offshore and
central waters as well as West Vancouver Island on Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: