Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 25 May 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots becoming variable 15 to 25 late this morning then becoming northwest 10 to 20 early this afternoon. Wind diminishing to light after midnight then increasing to northeast 15 Thursday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Thursday evening.
Rain ending this afternoon. Periods of rain Thursday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 25 May 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low located over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT today departing low located over eastern Queen
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Thursday approaching low located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 AM PDT 25 May 2022 A low pressure system has come to rest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
The low will then weaken and move onto the Central Coast this
Ahead of the low, strong southeasterly winds are occurring
Through Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound. In behind the low, over
Western Queen Charlotte Sound northerly gales will ease to strong by
The next low that will move through BC waters starts approaching
Southwest Explorer Thursday morning. By Thursday afternoon southwest
marginal gales develop over souther Explorer.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: