Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 19 January 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots increasing to southerly 45 to 50 late this afternoon then diminishing to west 35 to 40 after midnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 to 25 Thursday morning and to light Thursday evening.
Rain changing to drizzle overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 19 January 2022
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 19 January 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from Hecate Strait
to the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located on a line north-south
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday trough located on a line north-south
over the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PST 19 January 2022 A frontal system continues to move across the northern waters today.
Gale force southeasterlies will continue over the northern and
central waters. As it approaches the mainland coast, storm force
southeasterlies will develop across Northern Hecate Strait and Dixon
Entrance East near midday.
A trough rapidly following this frontal system this afternoon will
maintain southeast gale force winds from Hecate Strait to Queen
Charlotte Strait. Storm force southeasterlies will develop
From Southern Hecate Strait to the headlands of Vancouver Island late
Winds will veer to gale force westerly tonight in the wake of the
trough then ease Thursday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: