Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 22 January 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwesterly 15 to 25 knots becoming northwest 15 after midnight then diminishing to light Saturday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Saturday afternoon and to southeast 25 to 35 early Saturday evening.
Rain Saturday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 22 January 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 22 January 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Saturday weakening ridge located from Hecate
Strait to Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Saturday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:33 PM PST 22 January 2021 A weak frontal system approaching from the Pacific will move through
Bowie Saturday morning then approach the North Coast in the
afternoon. The front will continue to slide to the southeast Saturday
night and reach Vancouver Island.
As the system approaches, southerly strong to gale force winds will
develop. In the wake of the system, winds will shift to northwesterly
strong to gale force.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: