Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 01 December 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots becoming west 25 early this morning then backing to south 25 early this afternoon. Wind increasing to southwest 35 late this afternoon then diminishing to west 30 this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 Saturday afternoon then increasing to southeast 35 Saturday evening.
Periods of rain ending Saturday morning. Rain Saturday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 06:20 AM PST 01 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 1 December 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over Haida Gwaii to
By 7:00 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located from Hecate
Strait to the Central Coast then to Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:31 AM PST 1 December 2023 A frontal system from Haida Gwaii to Cape Scott early this morning
will reach the BC Central Coast by mid-morning. The system will
Track inland by this afternoon. Southeast gales ahead of the system
will veer to strong to gale force westerlies in its wake.
Another frontal system will make its way across the offshore waters
this afternoon then into the northern and central waters this
evening. Gale force southerlies ahead of the system will be followed
by gale force westerlies in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: