Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 19 January 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 30 to 40 knots diminishing to northwest 20 this morning and to northwest 15 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to light near midnight then becoming northeast 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Rain changing to showers this afternoon and ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 19 January 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 19 January 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening frontal system located from Hecate
Strait to Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today dissipating frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:37 AM PST 19 January 2021 A frontal system over the Central Coast will weaken as it tracks
southwards across Vancouver Island today. Ahead of the front, strong
to gale force southeasterlies over central waters will shift to
moderate to strong westerly in its wake.
Over northern waters, strong to gale force westerlies will ease this
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: