Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 October 2021
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 40 to 50 knots diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 early this morning then becoming southwest 25 late this morning. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late this afternoon and to southeast 35 to 45 this evening. Wind diminishing to west 15 to 25 late overnight then backing to south 15 to 25 Saturday afternoon.
Showers changing to rain near midnight then to showers Saturday morning and ending Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 22 October 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 22 October 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 969 mb located west of Langara.
By 7:00 a.m. PDT today departing low located north of Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the offshore waters.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight departing trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PDT 22 October 2021 A deep low pressure centre just west of Langara will continue its
track northwards onto the Alaskan Panhandle this morning. Widespread
storm force southeasterlies from Dixon Entrance East to Cape Scott
will shift to gale to storm force southwesterly in its wake
Through this morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: