Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 28 May 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwesterly 5 to 15 knots becoming light Friday afternoon.
Showers ending Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 28 May 2020 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 994 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday weakening low 1000 mb located west of Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing frontal system located over the
southern Alaska panhandle.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 PM PDT 28 May 2020 Strong to gale force southeasterlies are expected over Bowie, Dixon
Entrance West and west coast Haida Gwaii tonight as a deep low well
offshore gradually fills and slowly moves towards the Gulf of Alaska.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: