Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 19 October 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 25 early this morning and to northwest 5 to 15 early this evening. Wind becoming light Tuesday morning then increasing to northwest 15 to 20 near noon Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 19 October 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 19 October 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today departing trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PDT 19 October 2020 A trough of low pressure over Hecate Strait will track eastward onto
the North Coast this afternoon. Behind the trough, northwesterly
gales over parts of the northern waters will continue through
This morning. The winds will become moderate to strong
northwesterlies this afternoon as the system weakens.
Strong to gale force westerly winds through Juan de Fuca Strait will
ease this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: