Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 23 January 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 this evening then diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 Friday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 23 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 23 January 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today dissipating cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located west of the offshore waters.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Friday departing trough located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PST 23 January 2020 A cold front over the Vancouver Island will move southward out of the
region this afternoon. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds
through the Strait of Georgia will become moderate to strong this
A trough of low pressure will approach the offshore waters late this
afternoon. The system will move eastward across the BC waters late
tonight and on Friday. Strong to gale force southerly winds will
develop over parts of the central and northern coastal waters tonight
and continue on Friday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: