Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 27 May 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 this afternoon then becoming southerly 15 late this evening. Wind diminishing to light Saturday afternoon then becoming west 15 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 27 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 27 May 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located over Cape St. James.
By 10:00 a.m. PDT Saturday dissipating low located over Hecate
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday building ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PDT 27 May 2022 A weakening low pressure centre over Western Queen Charlotte Sound
will move northward to lie near Cape St James this afternoon.
Southeast gales along West Coast Vancouver Island North, Eastern
Queen Charlotte Sound and along the Central Coast will continue this
The low will continue to weaken tonight and a ridge of high pressure
will build over the Pacific. This will bring strong northwesterlies
for most waters on Saturday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: