Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 04:00 PM PST 17 November 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 early this evening and to light near midnight. Wind increasing to easterly 10 to 15 early Monday morning and to easterly 15 to 20 Monday afternoon.
Rain Monday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 4:00 PM PST 17 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 17 November 2019 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PST today building ridge located over Explorer.
By 1:00 a.m. PST Monday ridge located over the Mainland Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday low located over southern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 PM PST 17 November 2019 A ridge of high pressure over Explorer will continue to produce
strong to gale force westerly winds through Juan de Fuca Strait this
A low pressure system will move into Explorer on Monday bringing east
to southeast gales to the region.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: