Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 09:30 PM PST 02 December 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 15 knots diminishing to light early Sunday morning then increasing to west 25 to 35 near noon Sunday. Wind diminishing to west 15 early Sunday evening and to light late Sunday evening.
Periods of rain ending Sunday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 01:03 AM PST 03 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 2 December 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Cape Scott.
At 9:30 p.m. PST Sunday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 AM PST 3 December 2023
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: