Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 17 August 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots becoming west 10 to 20 early Sunday morning then becoming west 15 to 25 late Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 04:00 AM PDT 18 August 2019
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 18 August 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located west of the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located over the North Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM PDT 18 August 2019 A low pressure trough lying through the North Coast will move
South to the Central Coast this afternoon then weaken. Strong to
marginal gale force northwest winds will affect northern waters
behind the trough.
On Monday, a low pressure will approach the Central Coast from the
west. Marginal gale force southerly winds will move to central
Waters to the south of the trough, while marginal easterly gales
Will develop north of the trough. This trough will swing northward
toward Prince Rupert with the gales persisting throughout Monday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: