Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 22 July 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 20 to 30 knots becoming west 25 to 35 this afternoon then becoming west 20 to 30 late overnight. Wind increasing to west 30 to 40 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 11:57 AM PDT 22 July 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 July 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south over
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1014 mb located over central Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday low 1012 mb located off Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:33 AM PDT 22 July 2019 A ridge of high pressure offshore will remain over Explorer today
And strengthen on Tuesday. Strong westerlies over eastern sections
Of Juan de Fuca Strait will increase to marginal gale force late
This afternoon then ease to strong late this evening. The inflow
winds will rise to gale force late Tuesday afternoon.
An area of low pressure over Explorer will move northwards and
reaching Haida Gwaii by early Tuesday morning. Ahead of the low,
strong to locally gale force southerlies will develop over central
and northern waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: