Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 04 October 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 5 to 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 20 this afternoon and to west 20 to 30 early this evening. Wind becoming west 20 near midnight then diminishing to west 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light early Wednesday morning then becoming west 5 to 15 Wednesday afternoon. Wind becoming light Wednesday evening.
Fog patches dissipating near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 10:30 AM PDT 04 October 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 4 October 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over northern
By 10:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing frontal system located over
the North Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today intensifying trough located off Explorer.
By 2:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
to Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 4 October 2022 A frontal system will move from Vancouver Island headlands to the
North Coast this afternoon. In its wake, a second trough will deepen
and develop a frontal system which will cross the offshore waters
tonight and reach Haida Gwaii early Wednesday morning. Later
Wednesday morning, the system will move on shore on the North Coast
Ahead of the troughs, southeast gales are present north of the Brooks
Peninsula today. Over central and northern waters, strong southeast
winds will develop and increase to marginal gales this evening. Winds
will gradually ease late Wednesday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: