Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 01 June 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 25 to 35 knots diminishing to west 15 to 25 late overnight then increasing to west 30 early Friday evening.
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 01 June 2023
Saturday Wind west 15 to 25 knots increasing to west 30 to 40 in the afternoon.
Sunday Wind west 15 to 25 knots increasing to west 25 to 35 late in the day.
Monday Wind west 15 to 25 knots increasing to west 25 to 35.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 01 June 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 1 June 2023 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
By 3:00 p.m. PDT Friday frontal system located near the Mainland
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday quasi-stationary low 1006 mb located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PDT 1 June 2023 Ahead of a ridge of high pressure, gale force westerlies in Juan de
Fuca Strait will continue this evening and then ease overnight.
A slow moving frontal system will cross Hecate Strait and arrive
On the mainland coast on Friday. Ahead of the front, intermittent
gale force southeasterlies over Hecate Strait and Dixon Entrance East
will continue until late Friday morning.
As the tail of front pushes onto the coast, a brief period of
southerly gales will occur near the headlands of Vancouver Island and
Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound Friday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: