Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 30 September 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light becoming easterly 5 to 15 knots this morning then becoming westerly 5 to 15 early this afternoon. Wind becoming light early this evening then becoming easterly 5 to 15 Sunday morning. Wind becoming westerly 5 to 15 Sunday afternoon then increasing to westerly 15 to 25 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 04:00 AM PDT 30 September 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 30 September 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 AM PDT 30 September 2023 A ridge of high pressure continues to build towards the central
waters today. Northwesterly gales will continue over parts of
West Vancouver Island, Southern Explorer, and through Johnstone
A frontal system will slide eastward across Bowie Saturday evening.
Ahead of the system, southerly gales are expected over the northern
waters late Saturday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: