Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 10:30 AM PST 28 February 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind easterly 5 to 15 knots becoming light late overnight then becoming west 10 to 15 Monday afternoon.
Showers Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 28 February 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At noon PST today cold front located on a line northeast-southwest
over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Monday approaching frontal system located off
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PST 28 February 2021 A cold front crossing Haida Gwaii early this afternoon will reach
Northern Vancouver Island late this evening then begin to
Strong to gale force southerly winds ahead of the approaching cold
front will shift to northwest and ease in the wake of this front.
Strong to gale force westerly gales will prevail over the northern
offshore waters today.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: