Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 11 August 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to west 15 knots late this afternoon and to west 15 to 25 early this evening. Wind becoming west 15 overnight then increasing to west 20 to 30 Friday afternoon.
Fog patches dissipating late this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 06:42 AM PDT 11 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 11 August 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over western Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing low located south of Explorer.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT Friday approaching trough located west of Bowie.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: