Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 25 September 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind easterly 5 to 15 knots becoming light early this evening then becoming easterly 5 to 15 Monday morning. Wind becoming westerly 5 to 15 Monday afternoon then increasing to westerly 15 to 25 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - central straitIssued 4:00 PM PDT 25 September 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 25 September 2022 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over Haida Gwaii.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating trough located over the
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Monday weakening frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 PM PDT 25 September 2022 A trough over Haida Gwaii will approach the North Coast this
afternoon. Ahead of the trough, southeasterly gales are expected over
Dixon Entrance East and Northern Hecate Strait. Winds will ease to
strong southeasterly early this evening.
A frontal system will approach Bowie tonight. Ahead of the system,
southeast gales will develop across Bowie tonight then spread to
waters just west of Haida Gwaii Monday morning. The winds are
expected to ease below gale force by Monday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: