Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 09:30 PM PST 02 February 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Wind easterly 5 to 15 knots increasing to easterly 20 to 30 after midnight then becoming southwest 20 to 30 late Friday afternoon.
Scattered showers this evening. Periods of rain Friday.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 2 February 2023 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located from the North
Coast to Explorer.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Friday dissipating frontal system located on a
line northwest-southeast over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday low 987 mb located southwest of Explorer.
By 2:00 p.m. PST Friday departing low 989 mb located near Tofino.
At 9:30 p.m. PST Friday approaching frontal system located off
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PST 2 February 2023 A frontal system extending from the North Coast of BC
To Northwestern Explorer is producing widespread southeasterly gales
to the east of the system, with an embedded swath of southeasterly
storms from Dixon Entrance - east to the headlands of Vancouver
Winds will ease to moderate southerlies across northern waters later
this evening, but will remain gale force across the central waters
and along the west coast of Vancouver Island tonight.
Winds over the west coast of Vancouver Island will increase to storm
force southeasterlies Friday morning as another low approaches.
Winds will also increase to southeasterly gale force across the inner
South Coast waters throughout the day on Friday.
Winds will ease on Friday evening, though there will be a brief
period of southwest gales across west coast Vancouver Island - south
and the mouth of Juan de Fuca Strait Friday evening in the wake of
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: