Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 23 October 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind easterly 5 to 15 knots today tonight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 October 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the Central Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located over the Lower Mainland.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:04 AM PDT 23 October 2019 A Pacific frontal system over Bowie will move across the North Coast
this evening and remain nearly stationary across the central waters
overnight and Thursday.
Ahead of the front, strong to gale force southeasterlies over
northern waters will rise to gale to storm force this afternoon.
Winds will ease to moderate to strong westerly in its wake then to
light to moderate tonight.
Over central waters winds will rise to southeast gales this afternoon
and then remain strong to gale force southerly tonight through
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: