Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 10:30 AM PST 25 January 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to easterly 5 to 15 knots this afternoon and to easterly 15 to 20 early this evening. Wind increasing to easterly 20 to 30 late this evening then becoming westerly 15 to 25 early Sunday morning. Wind becoming west 10 to 20 Sunday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 25 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today departing low located over northern Bowie.
At 6:00 p.m. PST tonight low 999 mb located south of Explorer.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Sunday low 998 mb located over Tofino.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday low located west of Bowie.
By 6:00 p.m. PST Sunday departing low located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:19 AM PST 25 January 2020 A low pressure system will exit northern coastal waters near midday.
In its wake, strong to gale force southerly winds will perist this
A trough of low pressure will cross northern and central waters
tonight, bringing gale force southerly winds to the region.
A deepening area of low pressure approaching from the south, will
cross Vancouver Island Sunday morning. Strong to gale force winds
In the vicinity of this low are expected.
Another low pressure system will track through the northern waters on
Sunday. Ahead of the low, strong to gale force southerly winds will
develop over most northern waters. Winds will become strong to gale
force westerlies in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: