Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 09:30 PM PST 28 November 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind easterly 10 to 20 knots increasing to easterly 20 to 30 near noon Tuesday then diminishing to west 5 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Periods of snow Tuesday changing to rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Low tonight minus 1. High Tuesday plus 5.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 28 November 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight building ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday intensifying low 1007 mb located over
By 9:30 p.m. PST Tuesday low 984 mb located off Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:06 PM PST 28 November 2022 A building ridge of high pressure over the Northern BC Interior will
generate gale to storm force outflow winds through the mainland
inlets on Tuesday.
A low pressure system will intensify west of Haida Gwaii tonight and
track southeastwards towards Vancouver Island on Tuesday. Gale to
storm force easterlies will develop over parts of the offshore,
northern and central waters as well as West Vancouver Island on
Over northern coastal waters, a risk of freezing spray will exist
beginning Tuesday evening as Arctic air pushes out from the mainland
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: