Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 10:30 AM PST 18 January 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to easterly 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind easterly 5 to 15 Sunday.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 18 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over northern
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
to Vancouver Island.
By 1:00 p.m. PST today departing frontal system located from the
North Coast to the Mainland Coast.
At 4:30 p.m. PST today deepening trough located over Pacific Ocean.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PST 18 January 2020 An Arctic ridge of high pressure will remain over the British
Columbia Interior through the weekend while weakening. Gale to
hurricane force northeasterly outflow winds through the coastal
inlets will weaken today over the South Coast and on Sunday over the
central and north coasts. Moderate to severe freezing spray will
continue near the central and northern coastal inlets through
An intense frontal system is transiting the BC waters this morning.
Storm to hurricane force southeast winds ahead of the system will
veer to gale force southerlies.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: