Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 09:30 PM PST 04 December 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind variable 10 to 20 knots becoming westerly 10 to 20 near midnight then diminishing to light near noon Tuesday.
Rain changing to showers Tuesday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 4 December 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening low located over the Gulf
At midnight PST Tuesday building ridge located over Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PST 4 December 2023 Gale to storm force southwesterlies will continue over northern and
central waters tonight as a low passes to the north of the region.
Winds will diminish on Tuesday as the low weakens.
Over the inner South Coast waters, strong southerlies tonight will
weaken as a frontal system over Vancouver Island makes its way across
the Strait of Georgia and into Southern BC by Tuesday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: