Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 10:30 AM PST 28 January 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind easterly 5 to 15 knots becoming light early this evening then becoming east 5 to 15 early Saturday morning. Wind becoming light near noon Saturday.
Rain Saturday evening. Fog patches dissipating near noon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 28 January 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 10:30 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located near
At 4:00 p.m. PST today approaching frontal system located off Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:15 AM PST 28 January 2022 Over the inner South Coast, winds remain light under a ridge of high
pressure today. Stronger southeast winds are expected late Saturday
as a front approaches,
For northern and central waters, a frontal system currently from
McInnes Island to Cape Scott will weaken early this afternoon, then
an incoming second front will provide further boost to winds tonight.
Strong to gale force southerlies near the northern end of Vancouver
Island will persist.
The second frontal system will approach Bowie today. Winds
Will shift to gale force southerly ahead of this front over
Northern and central waters. On Saturday, winds will rise to
southeast 45 knots through Dixon east, Hecate Strait, queen
Charlotte sound and the headlands of Vancouver Island.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: