Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 10:30 AM PST 29 November 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to southwest 10 to 20 knots early this afternoon and to south 20 to 30 late overnight. Wind south 20 to 30 Tuesday.
Showers ending Tuesday afternoon. Fog patches dissipating near noon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 29 November 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 1:00 a.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located over the Central
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 978 mb located west of Bowie.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Tuesday departing low 974 mb located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:14 AM PST 29 November 2021 Yet another frontal system will approach the northern waters
Today and move over Haida Gwaii this afternoon. Gale to
Storm force southerly winds will spread to the northern and central
waters today and tonight.
On Tuesday a low centre will track north of Haida Gwaii and move onto
the Alaska Panhandle. Winds will shift to gale to storm force
westerly across the northern and central waters, as well as the
southern offshore waters. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds
are expected over the inner South Coast Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: