Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 03 June 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 20 knots diminishing to west 10 to 15 late overnight and to light Thursday morning. Wind becoming west 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - west entranceIssued 6:12 PM PDT 03 June 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 3 June 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over northwestern Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday departing trough located on a line
north-south over southeastern Explorer.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: