Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 18 May 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots veering to southwest 25 to 35 this morning then becoming westerly 25 this evening. Wind northwest 20 Thursday.
Rain changing to showers this morning and ending Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - west entranceIssued 04:00 AM PDT 18 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 18 May 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located off Haida Gwaii.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today deepening low 990 mb located off Cape Scott.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing low 999 mb located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:40 AM PDT 18 May 2022 A trough of low pressure will weaken over Haida Gwaii this morning.
Ahead of the trough, southerly gales over Dixon Entrance East and
Hecate Strait will ease early this morning.
A deep low pressure centre will cross Northern Vancouver Island this
morning. Ahead of the low, gale to storm force southeasterly winds
over West Vancouver Island with hurricane force southeasterlies near
the headlands will shift to gale to storm force westerly in its wake.
The southeast gales will spread to the inner South Coast early this
morning and westerly gales will develop over Juan de Fuca Strait.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: