Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PST 19 January 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind east 10 to 20 knots increasing to southerly 20 to 30 late overnight then veering to westerly 20 to 30 early Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to westerly 10 to 20 early Thursday evening.
Rain changing to showers Thursday morning then to periods of drizzle Thursday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 19 January 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located from
Hecate Strait to Cape Scott.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday departing frontal system located on a
line north-south over central Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST Thursday ridge located west of the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:36 PM PST 19 January 2022 A frontal system stretching from Hecate Strait to Northern Vancouver
Island will cross inland near or after midnight. Gale to storm force
southeasterlies over the northern and central waters will shift to
strong to gale force westerlies as the system crosses inland.
A trough rapidly following this frontal system will maintain the
strong to gale force westerlies into Thursday. The trough will
rapidly weaken through Thursday and the westerlies will ease to
generally moderate westerlies by Thursday afternoon.
Another frontal system will stall just west of Bowie Thursday night
and Friday. During this period, southerly gales will develop across
Bowie and parts of the northern waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: