Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 10:30 AM PST 15 November 2019
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind west 15 to 25 knots diminishing to west 5 to 15 early this evening then becoming east 5 to 15 late this evening. Wind veering to southeast 15 to 20 early Saturday morning then becoming southeast 15 to 25 Saturday evening.
Showers ending this evening. Showers overnight and Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 15 November 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday By 10:30 a.m. PST today departing low 982 mb located over the Gulf
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located west of Haida
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PST 15 November 2019 A Pacific frontal system will cross the offshore waters tonight and
the coastal waters on Saturday. Gale to storm force southerly winds
will develop ahead of the front over offshore and northern waters
this evening and continue sliding down the coast through Saturday.
Gales continue over most areas Saturday night as a second and third
system moves onto the coast.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: