Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PST 23 January 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots backing to easterly 15 to 25 early Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 23 January 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough located west of the offshore waters.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Friday departing trough located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Friday low located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday low located west of Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PST 23 January 2020 A trough of low pressure will cross the offshore waters tonight then
through the North Coast on Friday. Strong to gale force southerly
winds will develop over parts of the central and northern coastal
waters ahead of the system.
Another low pressure system will pass through the offshore waters
Friday night then through the northern coastal waters on Saturday.
Gale force southerly winds will prevail ahead of the system. The
winds will become westerly gales in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: