Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 29 March 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to south 25 to 30 this evening then veering to west 25 late overnight. Wind diminishing to west 10 to 15 Monday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - west entranceIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 March 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 29 March 2020 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 986 mb located over northwestern Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday low 987 mb located west of Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 PM PDT 29 March 2020 A low pressure system will remain over Bowie tonight and Monday. The
system will start to move southeastward Monday night and reach the
Queen Charlotte Sound by Tuesday morning then arrive Vancouver Island
by Tuesday afternoon. The associated frontal system of the low
currently over Haida Gwaii will move southeastward to lie over the
Lower Mainland by Monday morning.
Gale force southerly winds over northern and central coastal waters
ahead of the front will spread to southern waters later tonight as
the front passes through the region. The gale force southerly winds
will ease early Monday morning as the front weakens. In the wake of
the front, gale force northerly winds will develop over the offshore
waters tonight and will persist through Tuesday as the low pressure
system tracks southward to the Vancouver Island.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: