Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PST 04 February 2023
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots becoming southeast 10 to 20 near midnight then becoming west 10 to 20 near noon Sunday. Wind increasing to west 20 to 30 Sunday afternoon.
Periods of rain.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 4 February 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located from Hecate Strait
to Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Sunday weakening frontal system located over
the South Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday ridge located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday ridge located from the Central Coast
At 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PST 4 February 2023 A frontal system located from Hecate Strait to Western Vancouver
Island will weaken while tracking inland overnight. Gale to storm
force southerly winds ahead of the system will diminish through the
night as the system weakens. Northwesterly gales will spread from
west to east in the wake of the system tonight and Sunday.
Another frontal system will approach Bowie Sunday afternoon. South to
southwesterly gales will develop over the northern waters ahead of
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: