Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PST 04 February 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots becoming southeast 15 to 25 late this afternoon then diminishing to variable 5 to 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to northwest 15 to 25 Sunday morning then backing to west 30 Sunday afternoon.
Rain ending near noon Sunday.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Juan de Fuca Strait - west entranceIssued 04:00 AM PST 04 February 2023
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 4 February 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located from Cape St. James
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located over Vancouver
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday approaching ridge located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PST 4 February 2023 A frontal system over Explorer will track eastward today and tonight,
producing widespread gales from Dixon east to Explorer. Winds will
strengthen further to storm force later this morning from Hecate
Strait to West Vancouver Island.
Northwesterly gales will spread from west to east in the wake of the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: