Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 24 October 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northeast 15 to 25 after midnight then becoming northeast 15 Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 October 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 October 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over northern BC interior.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday weakening ridge located over southern
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located west of Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday dissipating trough located west of
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 October 2020 A ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will gradually weaken
tonight through Sunday. Gale force northeasterly outflow winds
through the northern and central mainland inlets will weaken to
strong tonight and to light on Sunday morning. Outflow winds over the
southern mainland inlets will persist through tonight and weaken on
Sunday. Gale force northeasterlies will briefly reach Haro and Juan
de Fuca Strait tonight.
A frontal system will move onto Bowie early Sunday morning then
Cross the northern waters through the day. Southeast gales will
develop ahead of the front and shift to strong to gale force
southwesterly in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: