Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PST 26 November 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 10 to 20 knots increasing to west 20 to 30 late this afternoon and to west 30 to 40 this evening. Wind diminishing to west 25 Sunday morning and to west 10 to 20 Sunday evening.
Showers today and this evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 04:00 AM PST 26 November 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 26 November 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located over northern Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located over
southern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 26 November 2022 A frontal system is tracking across Bowie. Ahead of the front,
southwesterly gales over Bowie and northern waters will spread to
central waters through this morning. Behind this front, northwest
gales will spread to the offshore waters and move into the central
waters by mid morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: