Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 PM PST 22 January 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southeast 10 to 20 early this evening then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 near noon Thursday and to southwest 10 to 15 Thursday evening.
Rain changing to showers Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 January 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located from
the North Coast to Port Hardy.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday cold front located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday weakening cold front located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 PM PST 22 January 2020 A frontal system located from west coast of Haida Gwaii to west coast
of Vancouver Island this afternoon will continue to move eastward and
cross the North Coast overnight. Gale to storm force southeasterlies
ahead of the front will shift to strong to gale force southwest
In its wake.
The trailing cold front will lie across the Central Coast Thursday
morning and move across the South Coast Thursday afternoon. Strong to
gale force southeasterlies will persist ahead of the front then ease
to moderate to strong southerlies in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: