Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 19 April 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 15 knots becoming easterly 10 to 20 early this morning then diminishing to light early this afternoon. Wind increasing to west 15 to 25 early this evening then diminishing to west 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind becoming light overnight then becoming northeast 5 to 15 Tuesday morning. Wind becoming light Tuesday afternoon then increasing to west 10 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 04:00 AM PDT 19 April 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 19 April 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line north-south
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over western Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located over BC interior.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM PDT 19 April 2021 A ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will produce strong to
near gale force northerly outflow winds through mainland inlets
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: