Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 PM PST 29 November 2021
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light becoming west 5 to 15 knots early this evening then becoming light near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 10 to 20 early Tuesday morning.
Showers changing to rain near midnight.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 29 November 2021 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 1:00 a.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located over the Central
At 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 982 mb located west of Bowie.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Tuesday departing low 979 mb located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 PM PST 29 November 2021 A frontal system over Bowie will move over the North Coast this
evening. Gale to local storm force southerly winds will spread across
the northern and central waters tonight.
A low centre will track north of Haida Gwaii and move onto the Alaska
Panhandle Tuesday morning. Winds will shift to gale to storm force
westerly across the northern and central waters, as well as the
southern offshore waters. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds
are expected over the inner South Coast Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: