Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 12 May 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 25 near noon then diminishing to west 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Thursday morning then increasing to west 15 to 25 Thursday afternoon.
Showers ending this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 04:00 AM PDT 12 May 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 12 May 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located over Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today dissipating trough located over the Lower
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: