Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 04 October 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 15 to 25 knots becoming west 15 late overnight then diminishing to light early Wednesday morning. Wind becoming west 5 to 15 late Wednesday afternoon then becoming light Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 9:30 PM PDT 04 October 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 4 October 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
to Cape Scott.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing frontal system located over
the North Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday trough located off Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing trough located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:05 PM PDT 4 October 2022 A frontal system extending from Haida Gwaii to Northern Vancouver
Island will move to the North Coast tonight. In its wake, a trough
will cross the offshore waters and reach Western Bowie early
Wednesday morning. The trough will exit Northern Bowie late Wednesday
Ahead of the frontal system, southeast gales are present north of the
Brooks Peninsula. Over central and northern waters, strong to
marginal gale force southeast winds will gradually ease Wednesday
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: