Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 29 October 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 5 to 15 knots this morning and to southeast 20 late this evening. Wind increasing to westerly 30 to 40 after midnight then diminishing to west 20 to 30 near noon Friday.
Periods of drizzle and fog patches ending this morning. Periods of rain overnight and Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 04:00 AM PDT 29 October 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 29 October 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line east-west
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located on a line
east-west over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today intensifying low located west of the
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 990 mb located over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 AM PDT 29 October 2020 A deepening low pressure system will move to lie over Southern Bowie
this afternoon then cross the Central Coast and move inland tonight.
Ahead of the low, gale to storm force southeasterlies will spread to
central waters and strong to gale force northeasterlies are forecast
over northern waters. Gale to storm force northwest winds will
develop tonight in the wake of the low. A brief period of hurricane
force winds can be expected over Northern Explorer this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: