Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PST 24 February 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 5 to 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 25 after midnight and to west 30 to 40 Thursday morning.
Rain tonight. Showers Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 06:28 AM PST 24 February 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 24 February 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today weakening ridge located on a line north-south
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 10:00 a.m. PST today ridge located over southwestern BC interior.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 AM PST 24 February 2021 A ridge of high pressure over Northern Vancouver Island will weaken
and move over the Southwest BC Interior late this morning. As the
ridge moves eastward, a strong frontal system located just west of
the Bowie region will move eastward to lie through Hecate Strait
early this evening. Gale to storm force southeast winds will develop
ahead of the front and then shift to gale to storm force westerlies
in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: