Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 13 August 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light early this morning then increasing to west 5 to 15 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to west 15 to 25 Sunday evening.
Scattered showers ending near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 07:20 AM PDT 13 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 13 August 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over western Bowie.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Sunday departing trough located from Hecate
Strait to the Central Coast then to Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM PDT 13 August 2022 A frontal system over Bowie is developing and moving east.
Ahead of the front, gale force southerlies will develop over central
and northern waters early Sunday morning. Gale force winds will ease
to strong by early Sunday afternoon as the frontal system weakens and
moves onto mainland BC.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: