Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 03 October 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to west 5 to 15 knots early this morning and to west 15 to 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Fog patches forming near midnight and dissipating Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 04:00 AM PDT 03 October 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 3 October 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating ridge located over Haida Gwaii
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PDT 3 October 2022 On Tuesday, a trough will approach the central and northern waters in
the morning. Through the day, southeast strong to gale force winds
will develop from waters near Haida Gwaii, to Queen Charlotte Sound,
to the west coast of Northern Vancouver Island.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: