Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 18 May 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 30 to 40 knots diminishing to west 20 to 30 late this evening then becoming west 20 near noon Thursday.
Showers ending this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 10:30 AM PDT 18 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 18 May 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing low 999 mb located over northern
At 2:00 p.m. PDT Thursday approaching ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PDT 18 May 2022 A deep low pressure centre has crossed Northern Vancouver Island and
is moving into mainland BC. Winds have shifted from gale to storm
force southeasterlies to gale to storm force westerly in its wake.
The southeast gales have spread to the Strait of Georgia. Westerly
gales have developed through Juan de Fuca after the frontal passage
and the westerly gales will push into Haro Strait and Strait of
Georgia south later this morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: