Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 14 August 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 15 to 25 knots becoming west 10 to 20 near midnight then increasing to west 20 to 30 late Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 9:30 PM PDT 14 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 14 August 2022 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Explorer.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT Monday dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 10:00 a.m. PDT Monday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PDT 14 August 2022 Gale force southeast winds over Northwestern Vancouver island will
ease to strong by this evening as the trough over Queen Charlotte
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters late Monday.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the system
over Bowie Monday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: