Issued 04:00 AM PST 04 March 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this morning and to southeast 35 to 45 near noon. Wind diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 this afternoon and to southeast 5 to 15 this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 Friday morning and to southeast 30 to 40 Friday afternoon. Wind diminishing to southeast 20 to 30 Friday evening.
Showers ending this evening. Rain overnight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 04:00 AM PST 04 March 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 4 March 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today deepening low 990 mb located southwest
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight low 982 mb located over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday low 990 mb located over southwestern
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday high 994 mb located near Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 AM PST 4 March 2021 A deepening low will track northwards across Explorer this morning
and lie over Haida Gwaii in the evening. Ahead of the low, gale to
storm force southerlies will increase to storm to hurricane force
near the low. Winds will shift to storm to hurricane force westerly
in its wake and near the low.
Another low will move over west coast Vancouver Island on Friday.
Winds will increase to gale to storm force southerly off Vancouver
Island and strong to gale force southeast over inner waters Friday
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: